Dear Valued Guests,
We are SUPER excited that we can get back to our craft and wanted to share with you the adjustments that we have had to make to our salon operations and procedures in light of the COVID19 pandemic and guidelines by the State. This is out of an abundance of caution for our team, our guests and our community. We have made a lot of “behind the scenes” changes to our salon procedures and sanitation but wanted to update you on what will affect you at your next visit.
- Everyone on our team has been certified in the updated Barbicide COVID19 training.
- If you are sick, we BEG you NOT to come to your appointment! If any of our team members are sick, they will be staying home as well.
- We MUST have a credit card on file prior to your service and will not be accepting checks or cash. The point of purchase system we use is extremely safe and all numbers encoded for the highest security. Your transaction will be run after you leave the salon.
- FOR HAIRCUT SERVICES: Please wash your hair within 2 hours of your appointment as we will NOT be shampooing haircut guests.
- FOR HAIR COLOR SERVICES: No need to shampoo.
- We will NOT be blow drying hair at this time. There are two reasons. First, with so many guests wanting to get in, it helps us get as many people in as possible and also limits exposure time between guests and our team. Secondly, it is still up in the air (pardon the pun) as to whether COVID19 can be blown around with the use of blow dryers. We would rather be safe than sorry. We hope you understand.
- We will not be offering beverage service at this time.
- We will not have magazines available since we cannot sanitize them in between use.
- We would prefer that you bring the bare minimum to your appointment. (keys, phone)
- Please come to your appointment alone. We will not be accommodating additional people that are not receiving a service. No handshakes or hugs at this time. (This is going to KILL Jeffrey!)
- Everyone entering the salon MUST wear a face covering. NO EXCEPTIONS. (If for some reason you are unable medically we can make arrangements for you to come in when there are no other guests in the salon or you will have to wait.) All of our team members will be wearing face covering AND face shields.We will do our best to not get color on your mask, however, it would be best to use a disposable mask during color services. We will have some available.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please wait outside or in your car. We will message or call you when we are ready for you to come to the door. This will allow for physical distancing in the salon and provide time for us to sanitize and clean properly.
- Before you enter, we will ask you a few health questions (my guess is you have heard them already) and we will take your temperature. As soon as you enter we ask you either use hand sanitizer (that we provide) or go to the restroom and wash your hands.
- You will then go directly to your service provider’s station. We will NOT have you change into a color gown if you are getting a color service so please wear an old top with a lower neckline or something you don’t care about getting color on. (Although this rarely happens)
- We will use a freshly laundered cutting capes for each guest.
- Guests will be seated at every other station or have 6 feet of distance in between each station.
- If you fall into a vulnerable population or work in healthcare with COVID19 patients please let us know PRIOR to your visit and we can make arrangements for you appointment when there are no other guests in the salon.
- Your service provider will be making notes on your ticket regarding product that are needed and have a discussion with you about your future appointments. We will NOT be booking future appointments in the salon, again, to limit exposure time and to keep our physical distance. We will contact you by phone or text to get your next appointment on the books.
PLEASE understand how important amazing service and the experience is to us and the new protocols we are taking are hopefully temporary and that in the near future we can get back to the JRS experience that you have become accustomed to.
And finally, we ABSOLUTELY APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE AND SUPPORT AT THIS TIME. We are determined to rise to the occasion with a positive attitude and a high level of professionalism. As these circumstances are changing and there is still a lot unknown, it will require our constant attention and reevaluation. Thank you in advance for you understanding.